How To Make Kettle Corn at Home
Used properly, Redi-Glaze ™ lets you make Kettle Corn with no burning, and very easy clean-up. This unique product cooks directly in your popper while the corn pops. While it has been developed for use in professional-style motorized poppers, it can easily be used in any Whirley Style Stove Top Popper or table top stirring electric popper, such as the West Bend Stir Crazy popper, just fine.
- Shake well before each use.
- Measure out 1/4 cup Redi-Glaze and 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn kernels.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to your popper (coconut or other non-virgin, high heat oil). Do NOT use flavored oil. Do NOT add any other flavorings or salt to your oil.
- Add 3 popcorn kernels to popper and heat the oil at medium temperature setting.
- When 3 kernels pop, add remaining unpopped kernels.
- Sprinkle the Redi-Glaze over the kernels in the poper while stirring the corn. Cover.
- Let pop, being careful to remove from heat promptly when popping slows.
- Do not wait for every kernel to pop to avoid burning. Get all corn out of the popper to avoid burning.
- Dump into a bowl much larger than you would normally use for this amount of popcorn. Stir & toss popcorn with wooden spoons or similar to separate and cool popcorn for about 2 minutes before serving.
NOTE: Melted sugar is very hot and can cause burns. Handle with care. Use of Redi-Glaze may result in more unpopped kernels. Eat carefully.